Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Reading 2015: Crossdressing women, time-travellers and infidels

My January books are introduced to you by Giggling Frog!

Zack Whedon “Serenity: Leaves on the Wind” [USA] 
Kameron Hurley “Infidel” [USA] 
Hergé “Tintin in Tibet” [Belgium] 
Robert Cheeke “Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness: The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet” [USA] 
Marjorie M. Liu “Black Widow: The Name of the Rose” [USA] 
Audrey Niffenegger “The Time Traveler's Wife” [USA] 
Nekota Medetai “Hamsteripäiväkirjat” vol. 5 (Hamster Club) [Japan] 
Agatha Christie “The Secret Adversary” (Tommy and Tuppence #1) [UK] 
Nekota Medetai “Hamsteripäiväkirjat” vol. 6 (Hamster Club) [Japan] 
Terry Pratchett “Monstrous Regiment” [UK] 
Fuyumi Soryo “Mars: Horse With No Name” (includes stories "Sleeping Lion" and "A One-Carat Fruit") [Japan]

I miss Firefly T_T 
Read this on the New Year night.

PRETTY
I liked it, but Serenity: Leaves on the Wind made me miss Firefly even more...


Infidel is the second book in Bel Dame Apocrypha series. I'm still writing a review for God's War, but I can already tell you that INFIDEL WAS AWESOME. And very bloody. 


No, I didn't choose this book because of the puppy.

I swear!

Where is my tofu?! Gimme!


This was like an episode of a cool action show.

Ain't she badass?


That's quite terrifying. :D
Not as bad as what is usually posted on Escher Girls, but still... *side eye*


The Time Traveler's Wife was a bit too long for me, like ~250 pages too long (it's 518 pages total). I liked the time travelling parts, but the endless scenes where the characters were simply hanging out with friends listening to music and eating delicious food – those scenes were boring. And the baby stuff too. So it's a nice book overall, but I prefer different kinds of stories.


I finished this cute manga series about hamsters.

What do I do now?

How can I go on without those hamsters?

Oh look, what a cute manatee!

*distracted*



The shiny puppy for Admiral July.

“No touching!”



When I woke up after finishing The Secret Adversary, I went to my room thinking, “oh, I'm gonna drink coffee and read more Tommy and Tuppence!” and then remembered I had already finished the book before sleep. :'-( I didn't want this book to eeeeend. The story was so full of adventures, secrets and twists, and the characters were charming. Luckily, there are a few more novels about Tommy and Tuppence! ^-^ 

A quote from The Secret Adversary:

'Isn't he a duck?' inquired Tuppence ecstatically, as she skipped down the steps. 'Oh, Julius, isn't he just a duck?'

A duck? :D I don't always understand British English but seems like it's something good. But why ducks? :D


One more Discworld novel, this time with lots of crossdressing women soldiers, and queer characters, and sadness. It's a book about war and gender inequalities, and it was much darker than other Discworld novels I've read so far. But, not everything was gloomy, have a quote: 

“There have been better attempts at marching, and they have been made by penguins.”

Three manga short stories.

^o^

“And I read this candy wrapper!”

Feel free to tell me and Giggling Frog about your reading! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...