Thursday, January 1, 2015

Quotes from I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban



“I Am Malala is the remarkable tale of a family uprooted by global terrorism, of the fight for girls' education, of a father who, himself a school owner, championed and encouraged his daughter to write and attend school, and of brave parents who have a fierce love for their daughter in a society that prizes sons.
I Am Malala will make you believe in the power of one person's voice to inspire change in the world.” - from Goodreads

Let me share a few quotes from Malala Yousafzai's powerful book with you:

'I know the importance of education because my pens and my books were taken from me by force,' I said. 'But the girls of Swat are not afraid of anyone. We have continued with our education.'

If one man, Fazlullah, can destroy everything, why can't one girl change it?

Education is our right, I said. Just as it is our right to sing. Islam has given us this right and says that every girl and boy should go to school. The Quran says we should seek knowledge, study hard and learn the mysteries of our world.

Half a doctor is a danger to one's life […]

Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human.

We Pashtuns love shoes but don't love the cobbler; we love our scarves and blankets but do not respect the weaver. Manual workers made a great contribution to our society but received no recognition, and this is the reason so many of them joined the Taliban – to finally achieve status and power.

We felt like the Taliban saw us as little dolls to control, telling us what to do and how to dress. I thought if God wanted us to be like that He wouldn't have made us all different.

'Let us pick up our books and our pens,' I said. 'They are our most powerful weapons. One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world.'

I want to learn and be trained well with the weapon of knowledge. Then I will be able to fight more effectively for my cause.

Peace in every home, every street, every village, every country – this is my dream. Education for every boy and every girl in the world. To sit down in a chair and read my books with all my friends at school is my right. To see each and every human being with a smile of happiness is my wish.

The Malala Fund believes that each girl, and boy, has the power to change the world and that all she needs is a chance.

2 comments:

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...