Monday, October 10, 2016

IKEA Hydroponic Indoor Garden [Daily Photo #192]



Yesterday's shopping: a cultivation insert set, a special cultivation lamp, a light fixture. Oh no, she's gardening again! =D

I am entering the world of hydroponics.

From what I've read, it seems that the main benefits of hydroponic gardening are:
- plants grow faster
- less water needed, as it's used more efficiently
- fewer pests
- can be very easy for beginners!

So when I heard of IKEA's new indoor garden, I just had to give it a try! :D This new system is supposed to be super easy even for inexperienced people. I think it is! And, you get fresh, organic and local food cheaply. ;p Good for you, good for the environment!

Check this video:


And here's what the scientists say!


Also recommended: this timelapse video!




I already had the starter plugs and pumice stones, so all I had to do was put my baby plants (two different lettuces, peas and a pak choi) into their new pots! For now we only have one set, but… who knows what I'll do in the future! Hohoho, a house covered in plants, mmmmm.

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to leave a comment.
Как оставить комментарий.

Спасибо за ваши комментарии :)
Thank you for your comments =)
Kiitos kommenteistanne ;-)
コメントありがとうございます ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...